Everett bar owner arrested after accusations of rape

SNOHOMISH COUNTY, Wash. — An Everett bar owner is facing charges in an investigation where police believe he might have used a date rape drug to sexually assault his customers.

Court documents specifically mention two alleged incidents that took place behind the walls of the Anchor Pub.

Some of the allegations date back five years.

On Wednesday, a KIRO 7 crew noticed a chain tightly locked around the door of the bar and just a few neon lights glowing in the windows.

Over the weekend, Everett police arrested the owner, 35-yer-old Christian Sayre, who is accused of drugging and sexually assaulting his customers.

In a 15-page report, police paint a picture with statements from three women leading to three charges, two counts of rape and one of indecent liberties.

The first alleged incident dates back to 2017.

According to court documents, a victim said Sayre tried to forcibly kiss her before he pinned her down and pulled down her pants, making inappropriate comments and gestures.

During that same period of time, police said two other women, unrelated to the case, revealed they were also sexually assaulted by Sayre.

A few years later, in 2020, another victim told police she believed she was drugged and raped by Sayre.

The victim told police she did not remember many details.

The next morning, police said she received a Facebook message from Sayre, saying “Let’s see if you remember” with a winky face.

According to the charging documents, other women had received similar messages.

Detectives said they are still looking into several other charges and believe more victims might be out there.

So now, more than ever, authorities said it is crucial to come forward.

“These cases are very difficult because oftentimes people don’t come forward because there’s been alcohol involved, and or they don’t know exactly what occurred so sometimes there’s embarrassment sometimes there’s just unknowing of what occurred so I think working with detectives, I think that’s important, and having people tell their story that way it can be properly investigated,” said Aaron Snell with the Everett Police Department.

Sayre posted bail and was released from jail over the weekend. He’s currently waiting for his arraignment.

However, investigators are asking anyone with information to give them a call. You can remain anonymous.