An 80-year-old woman was critically injured Saturday after the car she was riding in crashed into a railroad crossing sign in Tacoma, according to the State Patrol.
It happened about 11 a.m. on northbound state Route 509 at the Port of Tacoma.
Troopers are trying to figure out what caused the elderly man behind the wheel to lose control and if it was weather related.
There was no sign of impairment and no medical emergency, Trooper Brooke Bova said.
The driver’s injuries were not immediately known. The woman was taken to an area hospital with life-threatening injuries.
- Video: Sex offender attacked in courtroom by another inmate
- Creepy Matt Lauer interview with Sandra Bullock, I've ‘seen you naked'
- Everett nanny tackles, stops package thief
- Child abducted 3 years ago located in Snohomish County; father arrested
- Lobster found with Pepsi logo imprinted on its claw
© 2018 Cox Media Group.