SEABECK, Wash. - Kitsap County Sheriff Office detectives are investigating the death of a 9-year-old boy.
The boy was found by his parents just before 7 a.m. Tuesday on Northwest Symes Road in Seabeck.
The sheriff's office said the boy was killed due to "obvious homicidal violence."
The Kitsap County Sheriff's Office said a 47-year-old Bremerton woman believed to be the boy's mother was arrested Tuesday evening.
The sheriff's office says the boy was given CPR but was pronounced dead.
Scroll down to continue reading
- Investigators say 9-year-old killed due to 'obvious homicidal violence'
- Russell Wilson dressed up as Pete Carroll for Halloween
- Daylight saving time 2017: when do we set our clocks back?
- Motorist hits people on bike path near World Trade Center; at least 8 dead
- Seattle police adopt new security methods to prevent truck attacks
Sheriff's spokesman Scott Wilson says "something wasn't right about what they encountered" and that first responders thought it best to call detectives.
The sheriff's office says the woman was booked into Kitsap County jail on a murder charge with bail set at $1 million.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.