A 45-year-old Snohomish woman was fatally shot Monday night and a man believed to be her husband was taken into custody.
Deputies responded to a call at about 9 p.m. by a man who said someone was hurt at a residence in the 15600 block of 59th Drive Southeast.
Deputies said this may have been a domestic violence dispute.
When deputies arrived, they found a woman unconscious with gunshot wounds. CPR was performed on the woman but she was pronounced dead.
A 49-year-old man, who is believed to be the woman's husband, was taken into custody without incident.
Detectives are continuing their investigation.
More news from KIRO 7
- Police: Armed civilian took down shooter at Washington state Walmart
- 2 shot in Tumwater Walmart parking lot; suspect killed
- Family: Walmart victim paralyzed from neck down
- Officer's tweet after pulling over slow driver in left lane goes viral
- Child knocks over glass sculpture, parents may be on the hook for $132,000 bill
© 2021 Cox Media Group