Former Deadliest Catch captain Blake Painter was found dead in his home in Oregon on Friday, the Clatsop County Sheriff's Office confirms to KIRO 7. He was 38.
Painter was a captain of the F/V Maverick and appeared on the Discovery Channel series in 2006 and 2007.
The Sheriff's Office says when a friend went to check on Painter, the house was locked and the friend thought he saw a foot through a window.
Sheriff's deputies made forced entry into the house, and found Painter dead.
Officials are waiting for a toxicology report to determine the cause of Painter's death.
KIRO 7 will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.
More news from KIRO 7
- Man burning American flag blanket starts wildfire
- Customers forced to pay for cheese sue McDonald's for $5 million, according to lawsuit
- Woman says her Amazon device recorded private conversation, sent it out to random contact
- Residents forced out by Kirkland apartment fire
- Here's why the FBI wants you to reboot your router
Cox Media Group