CRYSTAL MOUNTAIN, Wash. - Fresh snow means Crystal Mountain Ski Resort will open three lifts Wednesday.
The resort announced The Discovery, Chinook Express and Forest Queen Express lifts will now run daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
They’re hoping to open Rainier Express, Green Valley and the Mount Rainier Gondola by Friday if the incoming storm delivers on its promise of 1-3 feet of powder.
“Unfortunately the strong winds have blown a lot of the snow that has been falling off the upper ridges so we still need just a little more snow to open the upper mountain,” Crystal officials wrote on its website.
On Thursday, the ski area reported a snow depth of 10 inches at the base and 18 inches near the top.
- Another windy day Tuesday: Here's what to expect
- Powerful winds bring down trees, leave thousands without power
- 1 dead, 2 injured after tree falls on car in Renton
- 15,000 scientists warn it will soon be 'too late' to save Earth
- Ex-football player charged with murder in wife's death
© 2018 Cox Media Group.