A cruise ship on its way to Ketchikan, Alaska, from Seattle had to make a U-turn after experiencing a power failure.
The Coast Guard said the ship lost electricity, steering and propulsion but regained power after a while.
Chopper 7 flew over the ship and it was halfway between Edmonds and Kingston.
A Port of Seattle spokesperson said the ship is operated by Celebrity Cruises. KIRO 7 found out it is the Celebrity Solstice.
The ship made its way back to port and was inspected before it left at 1 a.m.
The Coast Guard said the ship's engine had a misfire that caused the blackout.
More news from KIRO 7
- King County purse-snatching suspect charged with new crimes in Pierce County
- Winner of largest Washington Lotto jackpot in a decade comes forward
- ‘Give me the Hawaiian rolls': 14-year-old accused of robbing couple in Seattle
- Quick response prevents flooding at Seattle's West Point Treatment Plant
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.