A Yakima County Sheriff's van was spotted dropping off criminals in downtown Seattle.
A concerned citizen took the video and sent it off to the Mayor's Office, and that sparked an investigation.
A Deparment of Corrections spokesperson said the van was returning community supervision violators to King County after serving time in Yakima County.
The problem is where they were dropped off: under an overpass, as opposed to a Department of Corrections facility.
The Yakima County Sheriff's office says this is not standard practice and they're trying to find out why it happened.
More news from KIRO 7
- Chief of UW Police Department reassigned to new role
- Washington on track to be first state to allow human composting
- Prosecutors say carjacking suspect admitted killing truck's owner with owner's gun
- 5 new restaurants are opening at Tacoma's McMenamins Elk Temple
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.