Crews rescued a teen who fell into the Green River on Tuesday afternoon in Black Diamond.
Water rescue crews responded to the Green River Gorge Bridge just after 3 p.m.
Officials said the first rescuers to reach the teen found him awake with serious injuries from hitting large rocks.
King County's Guardian 2 hoisted and transported the teen to Harborview Medical Center. His condition is unknown.
KIRO 7 talked to the teen's grandfather who said his grandson slipped on a rock while attempting to jump into the water.
This is the second rescue in this part of the Green River this summer, officials said.
More news from KIRO 7
- Man in RV rams SWAT vehicle; fire, standoff follows
- Amazon hiring more than 200 work-from-home positions
- Troopers: Driver arrested after fatal crash on SR 702 in Roy
- Police respond to Monday shooting in Seattle
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
Cox Media Group