THURSTON COUNTY, Wash. - Crews responded to the report of a downed aircraft in the hills near South Sound Speedway on Friday at about noon.
Officials initially said there were “no details other than two patients.”
At about 1 p.m., officials said two men, 20 to 30 years old, died in the crash.
West Thurston fire officials said the plane was an "experimental, home-built open cockpit plane."
Chopper 7 flew over the crash. Wreckage could be seen in deep trees, near a logging operation southwest of Bucoda, Washington.
More information will be added as it comes in. We're following this closely and will have the latest on-air on KIRO 7 News at 5.
More news from KIRO 7:
- Pregnant mom of 4 killed in crash with boxer who livestreamed aftermath
- Boston explosions: 1 dead, at least 10 injured following gas explosions, fires
- Teen accused of suffocating 2 toddler siblings to ‘save them from hell,' court records say
- Woman fights off attackers near Seattle hotel
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2018 Cox Media Group.