SEATTLE — Crews with the Seattle Fire Department are on scene of a brush fire on I-5 NB near Boeing Access Road. The fire first broke out around 4:45 a.m. Friday.
Officials with Seattle Fire said they don't know where exactly the brush fire started, but it spread quickly and threatened nearby homes.
Crews were able to prevent the fire from spreading into the neighborhood, but two structures were impacted. "The fire didn't jump over Airport Avenue South so we were lucky to be able to control it to just that specific area," Seattle Fire's Kristin Tinsley told KIRO 7's Rob Munoz.
Seattle Fire says there are no reported injuries.
KIRO 7 will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.
More news from KIRO 7
- Shanann Watts' girls may have been dead when she got home, husband's charges show
- 911 refuses to send officer, fire department to get baby out of locked car
- Map with real time-time air quality conditions for Washington state cities
- 3-year-old boy found dead in dryer day after birthday
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2020 Cox Media Group