COWLITZ COUNTY, Wash. — Officials with Cowlitz County announced Thursday they have temporarily shelved an application for a variance to advance to phase 3 of the state’s “Safe Start” reopening plan.
Officials were looking at June 13 as the earliest date allowing the county to be eligible to apply for the variance, but Cowlitz’s health officer decided to postpone the application to learn more about the recent increase in COVID-19 cases.
Officials said 22 new cases were reported from June 8-11 and nine have been connected to outbreaks in Clark County.
Health officials plan to reevaluate the metrics that are considered during the variance request process within the next several days.
Officials reported Thursday that the number of coronavirus cases stood at 99 with no deaths. They also said 67 people had already recovered, and only 32 of the cases were active.
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group