EVERETT, Wash. — The Council on American-Islamic Relations wants a recent attack on a Muslim Lyft driver in Everett investigated as a hate crime.
The council sent a letter to the FBI Tuesday.
Scroll down to continue reading
- Las Vegas gunman's girlfriend returns to US for questioning
- Former Snohomish County Firefighter commandeered ambulance to save Las Vegas shooting victims
- Vegas gunman transferred $100K, set up cameras at hotel room
- Gov. Inslee calls for ban on 'bump stock' rifle attachment Las Vegas gunman possessed
- 'I love you': Wife texts husband after being shot in Las Vegas
Last month, Abdelwahab Kassa said he was beaten by a customer while driving on I-5 near Everett.
The attack caused a collision with another car.
Kassa says he was assaulted because of his background.
“From the time I pick him up from the time he's going to hit me, the 'F' word is (used) all the time. He laugh, ‘F where you come from, F you, you want to call the police,’" said Kassa. "Suddenly he slapped me in my face (and) everything become dark to me."
Photos show his injuries and blood all over his car.
Kassa says he hasn't driven since the attack.
The Snohomish County prosecutor's office says the suspect has not been charged.
Cox Media Group