SEATTLE - Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) says to be aware of several road closures this weekend due to construction.
Parts of State Route 99 will close this weekend due to maintenance and repairs, WSDOT said.
According to WSDOT, all lanes of the southbound SR 99 tunnel will close for routine maintenance from Friday at 10 p.m. to Saturday at 8 a.m.
WSDOT also said that all lanes of northbound SR 99 between South Spokane Street and Harrison Street will be closed from 11 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
SR 99 is not the only travel disruption you'll see this weekend. According to a Sound Transit press release, the light rail route between SODO and Capitol Hill will be closed because of construction in the area, and WSDOT said crews will also close the westbound lanes of SR 520.
WSDOT also mentioned that Westbound SR 520 will be closed between 92nd Avenue Northeast on the Eastside and Montlake Boulevard at 11 p.m. on Friday and will reopen at 5 a.m. on Monday.
According to WSDOT, the SR 520 Trail will also close across Lake Washington between Seattle and Evergreen Point in Medina. They said this is because crews are working to reduce the number of westbound lanes between the floating bridge and Montlake Boulevard from three lanes to two.
More news from KIRO 7
- How an I-405 driver unwittingly slowed down suspect in a 22-mile high-speed police chase
- Western Washington to experience coldest temperatures of fall Thursday morning
- Cautious reaction to a million dollars in bus tickets for homeless people
- Report on what caused 26 power poles to fall in Tukwila cites decay, weather
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.