The Coast Guard rescued a group of kayakers from a YMCA group Tuesday night who were stranded near the San Juan Islands.
The Coast Guard was notified at 4:56 p.m. that a group of 11 kayakers from the YMCA Camp Orkila were stranded. The group took refuge in a cove at Little Sister Island when heavy weather set in.
The group was rescued by a 45-foot motor lifeboat crew from the Coast Guard Station Bellingham, who brought them back to camp.
More news from KIRO 7
- Man fatally shot near Green Lake
- 18 rounds fired during fatal shooting inside Lakewood mobile home. Suspected gunman charged
- Warrant issued after convicted rapist attacks woman in wheelchair
- Deputies seize ecstasy, LSD, cocaine, bust 38 drug dealers at 2019 Paradiso Festival
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.