KENT, Wash. - Officers with the Kent Police Department are investigating after a car drove into a building in Kent Tuesday morning.
Officials with Puget Sound Fire said units were dispatched to the 24200 block of northbound 104th Avenue SE around 9:50 a.m.
Upon arrival, officials said they found a car with a single passenger that drove through the corner of a business that substantially damaged the building.
Officials said there were two children inside the building that was struck.
One was uninjured and the other was transported to an area hospital for "precautionary measures due to the mechanism of the accident," fire officials said.
The driver was uninjured during the crash, officials said.
According to Puget Sound Fire, the crash resulted int a small fuel leak from the car.
Officials said it is unclear why the vehicle left the road.
More news from KIRO 7
- Intoxicated and barefoot, off-duty Renton officer accused of assaulting woman
- Police: Armed pastor took down shooter at Washington state Walmart
- Police investigate possible abduction of boy in Lakewood
- Car crashes into LA Fitness, ends up in pool
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.