KITTITAS COUNTY, Wash. - A Level 3 evacuation – which means residents should leave immediately – was issued by Kittitas County after a brush fire broke out along I-90, nine miles west of Ellensburg Saturday afternoon.
The Washington State Patrol closed one lane of westbound I-90 and said the fire, near exit 101 for Thorp Road and the Thorp fruit stand, was moving toward and threatening structures.
About 20 minutes later, troopers said the lane was back open and the evacuation was at a Level 1, which means residents should be aware of the danger that exists and monitor local media outlets for information.
Drivers were advised to be careful driving through the area.
More news from KIRO 7
- Cruise ship headed to Ketchikan makes U-turn to Seattle port
- 8-year-old hurt in fall out of second-floor window
- Man arrested in stabbing of 18-year-old in Bonney Lake
- King County purse-snatching suspect charged with new crimes in Pierce County
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.