PORT ORCHARD, Wash. - A Bremerton woman has been charged with second-degree assault after authorities say she stabbed her husband in the arm with a samurai sword.
The Kitsap Sun reports the man called police early Wednesday morning and was later flown to a Seattle hospital.
The man told police that he had been fighting with his wife and demanded that she leave their house. He says the woman grabbed the sword mounted on a wall and impaled him as he ran up to her.
According to police, the sword caused a 4-inch (10-centimeter) wound down to the bone.
The woman first told officers that her husband had cut himself during the struggle, but she later claimed it was self-defense.
The woman has pleaded not guilty to the charge in Kitsap County Superior Court.
Information from: Kitsap Sun, http://www.kitsapsun.com/
More news from KIRO 7
- Seattle police: Foundation Nightclub management was aware of internal dealing of date-rape drug
- Man shot at West Seattle bus stop dies at Harborview
- 3 Seahawks leave field prior to national anthem
- Once again, Thurston County Jehovah's Witnesses hall targeted in attack
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.