BREMERTON, Wash. - A Bremerton boy is recovering after he was hit by a car.
Police told KIRO 7 the 2-year-old was at a family gathering near east 11th Street and Perry Avenue Saturday night.
He was hit when he wandered, unnoticed, into the middle of the street, according to investigators.
The boy was airlifted to Harborview where he is stable in the intensive care unit with head injuries.
Bremerton police say the driver who hit the child was cooperative and neither speed nor drugs are considered factors in the crash. Toxicology reports are pending.
More news from KIRO 7
- Child, 2 grandparents killed in southwest Washington crash
- 13-year-old girl beheaded after seeing grandmother killed in Alabama cemetery
- Private school founder in North Carolina pleads guilty to human trafficking
- Seattle police accept lip sync battle challenge
- Police: Man tried to kidnap two women in two Renton stores
© 2018 Cox Media Group.