FEDERAL WAY, Wash. - One person was killed in a crash into a semi-truck on southbound Interstate 5 just south of State Route 18 in Federal Way.
A small car apparently left the travel lane about 2 a.m. Friday and rear-ended a semi-truck that was pulled over on the side of the road.
Video from the scene shows the mangled car is well beneath the semi's trailer.
The victim is a 24-year-old Lakewood man.
The driver of the semi truck told KIRO 7 he had pulled over onto the shoulder to charge his cellphone and access his log book when the car hit him from behind.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
More news from KIRO 7
- One dead in crash with semi-truck in Federal Way
- 1-year-old in Bothell Amber Alert found safe; suspect still at large
- Tripp Halstead, toddler seriously injured when tree limb fell on him 5 years ago, has died
- Police search for suspect after taxi cab driver killed in Tacoma
- Some South Sound students punished for participating in school walkout
© 2019 Cox Media Group.