The man who was shot and injured Friday night by an Auburn police officer has died at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, officials said.
The shooting happened in the 1400 block of Auburn Way.
Witnesses described seeing the man go on an angry tirade at a nearby Rite-Aid, then continue the rant in a small grocery store across the street.
When police showed up at the scene, the suspect started fighting and injured the officer, police said.
Investigators said the officer fired shots during the fight.
The man was taken to Harborview.
Police said the officer had to get medical treatment, as well.
More news from KIRO 7
- Man found dead of apparent homicide in Kirkland home
- Detectives ask for public’s help to locate person of interest in 1990s homicide
- Inside the new international arrivals facility at Sea-Tac
- Climber killed on Mt. Rainier after rockfall, two others injured
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.