Five good Samaritans who prevented a man from jumping onto I-405 in Bothell over the summer were honored Tuesday evening during a City Council meeting.
Bothell Police Chief Ken Seuberlich recognized the five men during Tuesday's meeting and honored each of them with a meritorious service citizen's award.
"These citizens reacted quickly and bravely to help save and protect another person they didn't even know," Seuberlich said.
Click here for a link to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Anyone in need of help can call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. The national crisis text line is 741741.
More news from KIRO 7
- Body found inside car pulled from Star Lake, deputies say
- Air Force looking for homes for retired military dogs that are languishing on base
- Guns seized from Redmond man after 'concerning Twitter posts' over new Joker movie
- Person in SUV fleeing from police killed in crash with semi, police say
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.