Poulsbo police are investigating after a body was found Wednesday in Liberty Bay.
The body was found in the water north of the Port of Poulsbo marina, investigators said.
Police have not released any information about the identity of the person.
On Sept. 3, Poulsbo police said they received a call of a possibly intoxicated person rowing a boat at Liberty Bay. When officers got to the scene, they couldn't locate anyone.
The next day, police said a small dinghy was found on the shore of a private residence on Liberty Bay.
Investigators said through friends of the owner in the area, officers identified the owner as 40-year-old Daniel Yates.
Officers have not been able to locate Yates.
More news from KIRO 7
- Human remains found in woods near Black Diamond construction site
- New video calls into question final moments before man was killed by police in Aberdeen
- Health officials: First case of vaping-related illness confirmed in Washington state
- Mom says kindergartner dropped alone near Aurora Ave should have gone to after-school program
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.