A body was discovered Friday afternoon in the Wenatchee River in Chelan County.
At 12:19 p.m., deputies responded to the report of a body recovered near the 4700 block of Old Monitor Road in Monitor, Wash.
Deputies said the body was first discovered tangled in brush by a rafter as they passed through the area.
When deputies arrived, they found the body in the river 15 to 20 feet from shore.
The body was recovered and turned over to the Chelan County Coroner, who will identify and determine the potential cause of death.
More news from KIRO 7
- Washington hospital is 'like going into hell'
- ‘You ended my life, so I'm taking yours': 92-year-old woman kills son over nursing home threat
- Fatal crash closes SR 99 for hours
- Bellevue police: Driver arrested after stolen FedEx truck struck cars, fled into Seattle
- PHOTOS: Police launch suspicious death investigation in Duvall
© 2018 Cox Media Group.