SEATTLE - A bicyclist was taken to the hospital after colliding with a Metro bus Thursday morning.
It happened in the 7700 block of Sand Point Way Northeast near the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
The bus and the cyclist were traveling next to one another southbound when the bus driver moved to the left to give the cyclist more room. The Metro driver said it appeared that the cyclist may have panicked, suddenly jerked and then hit the side of the bus.
There did not appear to be much damage to the bus or the bicycle.
Seattle police responded, but the bus driver did not appear to have been cited.
The extent of the cyclist’s injuries is not known.
More news from KIRO 7
- Pack of vicious dogs running wild attacks, kills woman
- Police: Woman raped by homeless man in Ballard car dealership bathroom
- Shots fired into Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses
- Man critically injured in Seattle hatchet attack
- Flight attendant sues Alaska Airlines; says she was fired after reporting rape
© 2018 Cox Media Group.