The Bellevue Police Department is asking for the public’s help in identifying a pair of thieves suspected of stealing over $20,000 worth of vitamins.
Detectives say 39-year-old Justin Pederson and 37-year-old Anita Thompson are suspected of targeting stores across Washington state since November, including Bellevue, Kirkland, Issaquah, Redmond, Seattle, Mercer Island, Mountlake Terrace, Tacoma and Vancouver.
According to detectives, the suspects’ strategy is to walk into a grocery store, put a large amount of expensive vitamins in a reusable grocery bag and walk out the front door.
"These types of organized retail thefts raise prices for everyone else, so we need to get these prolific thieves located and in custody,” said Seth Tyler with the Bellevue Police Department.
Police believe Pederson and Thompson may be driving a stolen Dodge Neon, with the Washington license plate ASC2943.
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- Two young children, parents dead in Pierce County murder-suicide
- Burst swimming pool tsunami washes woman 30 feet down ravine in east Tacoma
- Police investigating Wallingford death as homicide
- Conway accused of Hatch Act violation; what is the Hatch Act?
- HIV case in King County resistant to preventative medicine
If you know anything about this case or suspects, you can submit an anonymous tip to Crime Stoppers by calling 1-800-222-TIPS. You can also submit a tip anonymously online.
Crime Stoppers offers a cash reward up to $1,000 for any information leading to an arrest.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.