SEATTLE — A suspect driving at high speeds and hitting multiple cars on South King County roads was arrested after officers cornered him following a 30-minute long chase.
The police chase started sometime after 1:30 p.m. south of Seattle near Tukwila. The suspect was sought in Seattle for a crime. Officers did not release the kind of crime to KIRO 7.
During the chase the suspect drove on SR 167 South going toward Highway 18. The suspect then drove through nearby neighborhoods, including a school zone. No injuries were reported in the school zone.
At one point officers surrounded him in a cul-de-sac. The suspect vehicle hit parked cars and drove into lawns, but the driver escaped.
When on the run again, the suspect vehicle hit at least one driver on the road. Just after 2 p.m., officers cornered him in again by using a PIT maneuver, which is a police tactic to make a fleeing car turn sideways, causing the driver to lose control and stop.
Officers took the suspect into custody in Auburn. KIRO 7 has calls in about possible injured drivers and more information about the suspect. We'll update this story as information is received.
More news from KIRO 7
- Two young children, parents dead in Pierce County murder-suicide
- Burst swimming pool tsunami washes woman 30 feet down ravine in east Tacoma
- Police investigating Wallingford death as homicide
- Conway accused of Hatch Act violation; what is the Hatch Act?
- HIV case in King County resistant to preventative medicine
© 2020 Cox Media Group