Amber Alert canceled after child abducted in Lake Forest Park found safe

VIDEO: Suspect in child abduction arrested after chase

UPDATE: The Amber Alert has been canceled, police said. The child's condition was not immediately made known. Witnesses said the child looked upset but appeared to be OK and was safe when taken into police custody.

A Good Samaritan spotted the suspect vehicle and alerted police, who then responded to the area and found the suspect. Police said the suspect and child suffered "minor injuries, if any."

The child was taken to a local medical center for evaluation. The suspect was taken to Harborview for evaluation and will then be booked in King County Jail.

Content Continues Below

Police were at the scene Wednesday evening near 15th Avenue NE south of NE 65th. The roadway in that area was closed.

According to police, there was a short pursuit of the suspect by officers after they located his vehicle.


An Amber Alert was issued for a child taken out of the Lake Forest Park area, north of Seattle.

The child was missing Wednesday, March 28. Police said the child, Jaden Dempsey-Chesney, is 5 years old.

Officials said the child was taken by his father, who is known to be violent and dangerous. The father, Taraille Chesney, and his vehicle were suspects in a hit-and-run crash earlier Wednesday.

Police said Taraille entered the home of the child's legal custodian and forcefully abducted the child.

Police were searching for a 1999 silver Mercedes 320, license plate AWX3789.

KIRO 7's Deedee Sun was LIVE at the scene where the Amber Alert ended. See the entire Facebook live recorded below.

Amber Alert ends with child safe

LIVE POLICE BRIEFING: Amber Alert ends after 5-year-old abducted by father in Lake Forest Park was found safe. Police speaking now about the Amber Alert. What we know: Live report with latest police info on the abduction, on KIRO 7 News at 5.

Posted by KIRO 7 News on Wednesday, March 28, 2018

The Amber Alert has been canceled after a child was abducted by his father in Lake Forest Park, police said. Witnesses said the child looked upset but appeared to be in OK condition. ‪Here's a live look at where the Amber Alert scene ended at 15th & 63rd in Seattle. KIRO 7’s Deedee Sun‬ is live.

Posted by KIRO 7 News on Wednesday, March 28, 2018

More news from KIRO 7