Amazon announced Tuesday it will donate millions to two organizations that provide housing and homelessness services in its two headquarter areas.
Seattle nonprofit Plymouth Housing will receive $5 million. The Arlington Community Foundation in Virginia, which addresses critical issues in communities such as homelessness prevention and education, will receive a gift of $3 million.
Plymouth Housing provides permanent housing to the chronically homeless, paired with services for mental health, physical disabilities and addiction to help prevent people from returning to life on the streets.
Also Tuesday, Amazon started a match campaign for employees who donate to any of 20 selected nonprofit organizations addressing housing and homelessness in the company’s two headquarter regions.
Amazon will match donations one-to-one up to $5 million through Sept. 30.
To see a list of the nonprofits, follow this link.
Since 2016, Amazon has made donations to Mary’s Place and Farestart, including a family shelter for Mary’s Place inside an
Amazon says the collective value of those donations, including annual rent, is more than
More news from KIRO 7
- Mountlake Terrace tenants given 23 days to ‘vacate premises’
- Wildfires expected to spread as Washington has ‘bullseye’ on it
- Man suspected of shooting, killing daughter in Renton apartment
- More counties hit by groups of teen thieves
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.