Amazon is expanding well beyond Seattle.
On the heels of the search for Amazon’s second headquarters, the company just opened its largest-ever campus building in India.
That campus in India will have room for 15-thousand workers. Amazon says its’ the first building it owns outside of the U.S.
Of the 62,000 Amazon employees in India, 15,000 will work in the new facility, which is 7,800 miles from the company headquarters in Seattle.
Amazon has shown they will go where the talent is, and there's a lot of talent in India. Jeff Shulman of the University of Washington’s Foster School of Business said as Amazon opens in more places it means workers don’t have to move to Seattle to move up in the company.
Amazon also is hiring thousands of workers in Bellevue, New York and Washington D.C.
More news from KIRO 7
- New footage of Titanic shows how much of the ship the sea has reclaimed
- Kilos of cocaine found in banana boxes at local Safeway stores
- Police investigate fatal shooting in North Seattle
- How do I get a Washington enhanced driver's license?
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.