SEATTLE — Seattle police are searching for a suspect seen on camera after an attempted kidnapping.
Police said surveillance cameras showed a man in a white and red baseball cap and dark clothing several hours before the attempted kidnapping incident. Police said a man arrested earlier after the incident has since been cleared in the case.
If you have information on the case or recognize the person pictured above or embedded in the tweet below, you are asked to call police at (206) 233-5000.
Police said a man attempted to kidnap a child from an apartment on Boren Avenue on Saturday.
The child was playing in the breezeway of an apartment in the 100 block, police said, when a man came up, picked up the child and began to run away.
Police said the parent began yelling at the suspect. The suspect then dropped the child and fled.
More news from KIRO 7
- Firefighters remain at scene after crews battle barge fire in South Seattle
- 10 arrested outside Northwest Detention Center, Tacoma police say
- Search underway for missing man in North Cascades
- 7 arrested in murder of New York teen who was hacked to death with machete
- Washington State football player had brain damage at suicide
© 2020 Cox Media Group