SEQUIM, Wash - An 85-year-old man was injured around 9:43 a.m. Monday when a porch roof collapsed on him near Sequim.
Officials with Clallam County Fire District 3 said the man called 911 himself after the roof porch collapsed on him and pinned his leg.
The accident occurred at 263 Sturdevant Road – about 5 miles southwest of Sequim.
Officials said it took an hour to free the man from the collapse and the man had a significant injury to his leg.
The man was airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
CCFD3 currently has units on scene of a roof collapse of a house with Injuries in the Lost Mountain Area south of Sequim.— Clallam Fire 3 (@Clallamfire3) February 11, 2019
KIRO 7 will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.
More news from KIRO 7
- Seattle driver arrested in snowball rage incident
- Semi carrying live chickens crashes on I-5 in Olympia
- Snow expected to continue Monday, with some areas getting rain or mix
- Real-Time traffic updates: Snowy, slushy roads snarl morning commute
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.