Multiple businesses in a Monroe strip mall were hit by burglars overnight, police said.
Officers responded at about 4:30 a.m. to a report of burglaries at businesses in strip malls located north of State Route 2 between Old Owen Road and State Route 522.
When officers arrived, there were more businesses that had been hit. All of the businesses had windows that were smashed, and it appeared someone was looking for cash.
Ten businesses were targeted.
Police said some owners reported loss of cash from their registers, while others reported no loss but had broken windows.
Surveillance video from one affected business showed a man, whose face was covered and who was wearing a hoodie and jeans, enter the store and try to get into the cash register.
Police believe the burglaries happened last night or early this morning.
Anyone with information is asked to call Monroe police at 360-794-6300. Anonymous information may be left on the department's tip line at 360-863-4600.
More news from KIRO 7
- ‘Spider season' leads to car in ditch in Oregon
- Recall issued for ground beef sold at Safeway, Target, Sam's Club, death reported
- Tacoma man drugs 11-year-old, propositions her for sex, police say
- Bellingham Fire Department officers on leave after training on dead body
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2018 Cox Media Group.