BELLINGHAM, Wash. — One person was taken to the hospital after several propane tanks exploded at a homeless encampment Sunday in Bellingham, fire officials said.
Small propane tanks exploded, causing a fire in a wooded area near Brandywine Way and Barkley Boulevard.
Bellingham police tweeted around 8 p.m. the scene was still active and warned people to stay as far away as possible.
At about 8:30 p.m., Bellingham Fire officials tweeted there was no danger to the public and crews were clearing the scene.
Officials did not say what led to the propane tanks exploding but are investigating.
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group