CHELAN COUNTY, Wash. - One person was killed in a multi-vehicle crash in Chelan County early Sunday morning.
The accident occurred on State Route 97A 10 miles south of Entiat at 1:56 a.m..
Vehicle one was traveling southbound in the northbound lane of State Route 97A. Vehicles two and three were traveling northbound on the same road.
The driver of vehicle two attempted to avoid vehicle one by swerving into the southbound lane, but vehicle one hit vehicle two, which forced vehicle two to spin out and land in the southbound shoulder.
Vehicle one continued to slide, hitting vehicle three, eventually coming to rest flipped over in the northbound ditch. Vehicle three stopped in the northbound shoulder.
The driver of vehicle one died in the accident. A passenger in vehicle three was also injured but refused aid.
The cause of the accident was the first vehicle being driven over the center line. It is not known if drugs or alcohol were factors.
More news from KIRO 7
- Seattle teen: United Airlines 'negligent' for in-flight sexual assault
- Man who lived alone with rats awarded $8 million
- Supporters of 51st state hold bake sale to raise money
- Georgia mailman ‘Mr. Floyd' is delivering smiles around the world
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.