Detectives with the Seattle Police Department are working to determine what led up to a stabbing in the Rainier Beach neighborhood Thursday night.
Police said an officer patrolling near Rainier Avenue South and South Henderson Street around 9:30 p.m. saw a man covered in blood from two apparent stab wounds.
The 32-year-old man was transported by medics to Harborview Medical Center with serious but non-life-threatening injuries.
Police said the officer followed “a trail of blood across the street” and spoke with potential witnesses.
The witnesses reported that the victim was involved in some type of fight but were unable to give a suspect description.
Detectives are now working with businesses in the area in an attempt to find surveillance video that may have captured the incident.
Police said their investigation remains active, and they will continue to provide updates as more information becomes available.
More news from KIRO 7
- Lowland snow forecasts for Thanksgiving premature
- Woman accused in boyfriend’s suicide to face judge
- Police returning $70,000 in stolen merchandise to Seattle retailers
- Edmonds man arrested for allegedly stabbing father to death
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.