Scores of fans were disappointed with how the "Game of Thrones" final season ended last Sunday, but some are coping with the frustration in unique ways.
After the final episode aired, Ryan Geddes, who lives in the Seattle area, put together a GoFundMe page to raise money to fly a plane with a banner attached over Puget Sound. He raised the $695 in seven days.
"This started as a stupid joke with my friends and it gained a lot of traction, and here I am," Geddes said.
Geddes said that he wasn't personally upset with how the show ended, and that he's not that big of a "Game of Thrones" fan to begin with.
"I just found it amusing to set up the banner and clearly I tapped into a nerve of some very aggravated fans," Geddes said.
The banner, which read, "Someone rewrite Game of Thrones season 8 plz," flew over Puget Sound from 3 to 3:30 p.m. Wednesday.
More news from KIRO 7
- Weekend Sea-Tac security lines extended to airport parking garage
- Seattle teen: United Airlines ‘negligent’ for in-flight sexual assault
- Police: Man steals cherry picker truck with worker inside bucket
- Plane returns to Sea-Tac after bird strike
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.