SAMMAMISH, Wash. — Fire damaged a home in Sammamish early Thursday.
Authorities said people were inside the home in the 20100 block of Southeast 24th Street when the fire broke out around 1:30 a.m.
A resident told KIRO 7 there were three people inside and everyone got out safely, but damage to the home is significant, the garage was destroyed and a car inside it burned as well.
The people who live there said they suspect it may have been an electrical fire. Firefighters said it started in the garage and spread into the home, including the attic.
Eastside Fire & Rescue Deputy Chief of Operations Rich Burke said it was a stubborn fire to fight and the home's location was tough to access.
It took about 40 minutes to get the flames under control.
No one was hurt.
Cox Media Group