BELLEVUE, Wash. - Officers are investigating after an 18-year-old driver hit several cars with a pickup truck and then passed out behind the wheel Thursday evening on east I-90 at 118 Avenue Southeast, Bellevue police said.
KIRO 7 found out the man was driving erratically around the 300 block of 105th Avenue Southeast around Lake Washington.
Multiple witnesses who called 911 saw the truck flee onto the freeway after tearing through the crowded streets of Bellevue, police said.
Drivers reported seeing the truck go on and off the curbs and then hit multiple cars.
Washington State Patrol troopers found the man slumped over the wheel of the truck, which was stopped on the freeway interchange from I-90 to southbound I-405, police said.
Troopers said they arrested the man on suspicion of impaired driving.
KIRO 7 heard the man had actually stopped in a lane of traffic before law enforcement arrived and towed away the truck.
No injuries were reported in the incident as it was during peak driving time.
The investigation is ongoing.
More news from KIRO 7
- Repeat criminal with violent history charged with two random Seattle attacks
- Police: Homeless man shatters bus window, attacks man with metal object
- Prison fight involving 81 inmates stopped by warning shot
- Lawsuit filed against former Snohomish County prosecutor
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.