KIRKLAND, Wash. - One of Kirkland’s oldest homes is being relocated and temporarily stored until it is sold.
The owners of the historic home, Michelle and Timothy Currier, want to build a larger house on the same property at 127 Seventh Avenue, but also want to preserve the home known as the Trueblood House.
As the Curriers waited for a solution that would allow the landmark to be preserved, The Nickel Bros., a house moving company based out of Vancouver, financed the temporary relocation of the home.
The company is moving the home to the Lakeside Christian Church lot on First Avenue and around the corner from the home's original location. It will be temporarily stored there until it is sold.
The moving process, which started at 11 a.m., will take about three hours.
According to The Nickle Bros., the house was located a block from the busiest street in town.
It was one of eight homes built in 1889 by the Kirkland Land and Improvement Company that was incorporated by Peter Kirk and Leigh J. Hunt, owner and publisher of the Seattle Post Intelligencer.
Seven of the homes were built for steel mill executives while the Trueblood House was built for Kirkland's first doctor. It later housed the family of Dr. Barclay Trueblood, whose name remains associated with the home.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.