BELLEVUE, Wash. - A driver fled the scene of a crashed car after eluding Bellevue police, leaving behind an injured passenger early Friday morning.
The 100 block of 120th Avenue NE will be closed until around 9:30 a.m. as investigators look over the crash.
The incident began shortly after 3:30 a.m. Friday.
“One of our officers tried to stop a vehicle, just for a traffic infraction,” Seth Tyler with the Bellevue Police Department. “That car sped off at a high rate of speed. Our officer did not chase the car. But a short time later, they did find that the car had crashed into a tree and there was an injured passenger in the front seat of the car.”
That passenger suffered non-life-threatening injuries and was transported to a local hospital.
“The driver took off running,” he said. “We called in a K9 unit, but we did not locate that driver.”
Tyler said Bellevue police do not believe the driver is still in the area, following the K9 search.
The car was a reported stolen vehicle. Police have spoken with the passenger at the hospital.
More news from KIRO 7
- Pit bull escapes Seattle home, bites third-graders at nearby school
- 1,200+ marijuana plants seized from grow houses in Newcastle, Renton
- Woman survives truck crashing through her house as she napped on couch
- Clerk shot during Renton gas station robbery
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Cox Media Group.