After months of teasing and sneak previews in the form of teaser photos, the first trailer for "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood," starring Tom Hanks as Mister Rogers, has been released.
Sony Pictures is behind the film, which is loosely based on the true story of a journalist -- Tom Junod -- who begrudgingly covers the celebrated children's television show star and becomes his friend.
The official trailer shows Hanks in a near-perfect match for Rogers as he meets Lloyd Vogel, the journalist based on Junod, who is played by Matthew Rhys. "This Is Us" star Susan Kelechi Watson makes her film debut as Vogel's wife, Andrea.
"A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood" is in theaters this Thanksgiving. Watch the trailer below.
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- Paddleboarder drowns in Lake Washington off Mercer Island
- Motorcyclist in custody after leading troopers on high-speed chase across five counties
- Driver shot, killed by Tacoma officer during ‘routine’ traffic stop
- Winner of largest Washington Lotto jackpot in a decade comes forward
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at email@example.com
© 2019 Cox Media Group.