1. Holiday comedic theater. The Thanksgiving Play. Oct. 17- Nov. 16. 2 and 7:30 p.m. showings. The Seattle Theatre. Good intentions collide in Larissa FastHorse's comedic play, when artists scramble to create a meaningful pageant then inevitably somehow put together what ends up celebrating Thanksgiving day and American Heritage Month. Follow the link here for ticket and event information.
2. Meaning of life. The Great Moment. Seattle Rep Theatre. Oct. 11- Nov. 17. 2 and 7:30 p.m. showings. In the wake of Sarah's grandfather impending death, her precocious son is just starting his life. The poetic, yet hilarious play explores and meditates on the stages of life, from beginning to end, birth and with age, the transitional points of life and how to make our passage from life to death. Follow the link here for show and event details.
3. Sips in Seattle. Bay. 32nd Annual Winter Beer Taste: Stranger Beers. Phinney Ridge (Seattle). Saturday, Nov. 16. 7-10 p.m. Halloween might be over, but doesn't mean you can't visit a historic, yet haunted schoolhouse for fun. At this event, sip from over 30 local breweries. Try local beers and ciders, homemade treats and a silent auction, in support of the PNA's nonprofit programs in the community. Follow the link here for more event details.
4. Food drive on bikes. West Seattle Bike Connections 1st Annual Cranksgiving. West Seattle Food Bank. Saturday, Nov. 16. 10 a.m.- 2:30 p.m. Get out and exercise and collect money for your local West Seattle food bank. Join a team of up to four, or ride solo, and collect food from different designated stores to choose from. Prizes will be awarded to those that average the most food in their load. Follow the link here for more event details.
5. Fun basketball. Harlem Globetrotters. Everett. Nov. 15. The historic, hilarious and talented basketball troupe will be making their way to the Pacific Northwest this November, with stops in Kennewick, Bellevue, Everett, Kent, Spokane and Lacey. Catch Big Easy Lofton, Hi-Lite Bruton, Bulldog Mack and the whole team this season for a night of fun basketball the entire family will enjoy. Follow the link here for more event details.
6. Gobble fun run. Green Lake Gobble 5K and 10 K (and Mashed Potato Munch Off). Green Lake. Sunday, Nov. 17. 9:30 a.m.- 12:30 p.m. This local fun run is perfect for burning off some calories before the big day of Thanksgiving. Register for the 5 or 10 K, enter the free kids dash, Mashed Potato Munch Off competition and other post-race celebrations. Follow the link here for more event details.
© 2019 Cox Media Group