1) Comic Book action: Ace Comic Con Seattle. Seattle. June 28-30. Friday, 4-9 p.m., Saturday, 10 a.m.-7 p.m., Sunday 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Come meet all your comic book and action heroes at Comic Con Seattle this June! Special guests include Chris Evans, Josh Brolin, Don Cheadle, and many more Marvel superheroes. Follow this link for more details.
2) Famous musical: Wicked: The Musical. Seattle. June 12- July 7. Various times. Experience the Broadway sensation at The Paramount Theatre this summer. So much has happened long before Dorothy stumbled upon the Land of Oz. See what its like through the stories of “Glinda The Good” witch and Elphaba, the “Wicked Witch of the West” with all the memorable musical numbers. Follow this link for more details.
3) Science and art: PacSci Happy Hour, 21+. Seattle (Pacific Science Center). June 28. 6:30-9:30 p.m. Explore connections between art and science with a 21+ Happy Hour! Grab a drink and get to know some of Puget Sound’s local artist. Enjoy this immersive experience with artists, exhibitors and artwork on display. Follow this link for more details.
4) Outdoor arts and music: Arts in Nature Festival. June 29-30. Camp Long (West Seattle). 11 a.m.-3 p.m. This event celebrates the beautiful Pacific Northwest with combined performing and visual arts. Enjoy artistic work from over 60 local artists, food trucks and a beer garden with live music and much more at this family-friendly event. Additional activities include film screenings, break dance workshops and yoga sessions. Follow this link for more event details.
5) Healthy pups: 29th Annual Dog-A-Thon walk. Fort Steilacoom Park. Saturday, June 29. 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Bring your best friend and come walk and play at the dog event of the year. Learn more about positive and healthy lifestyle activities with your pup and support lifesaving programs for over 10,000 pets each year. Enjoy the 1-mile scenic walk around Waughop Lake and participate in educational activities. All proceeds for this will benefit The Humane Society of Tacoma and Pierce County. Follow this link for more event details.
6) Pride celebrations: Seattle Pride Parade. Sunday, June 30. 10 a.m.- 1 p.m. Celebrate the end of Pride month with KIRO 7 in this hugely successful parade in downtown Seattle along 4th Avenue. See for yourself all the highlights, or catch them online by visiting the kiro7.com live streaming for all the parade celebrations! Follow this link for more details.
7) Improvisation collaborations: MAPS: The 23rd Seattle International Festival of Improv. Pike Place Market, Seattle. Sunday, June 30. 7-8 p.m. Unexpected Production hosts the series of improvisational nights for participating improvisers who wish to also attend workshops. Festivities through the production run all week long, and the theme is maps of our personal journeys in life or through career. Follow this link for more event details.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.