1) Chill & relax: Iron Horse Brewery, Ellensburg – Consumers can get what the owner calls: a zero award-winning, indie-made beer. Not only is there brew, but good eats. Enjoy chicken curry or Korean short ribs. Follow this link for details. (Sponsored)
2) Celebrating all dads: Father’s Day – Sunday, June 17. This is a day to honor fathers and fatherhood. Father’s day has been celebrated since the Middle Ages and is currently celebrated in 40 plus countries. Follow this link to get general information about the day.
3) Laugh hard: Dane Cook, Emerald Queen Casino, Tacoma – Saturday, June 16, 8:30 p.m. This is expected to be a comedy experience to remember. The comedian and actor began performing stand-up in New York City and has released a number of comedy albums. Follow this link for details.
4) Theatre magic: Journey West! The Legend of Lewis & Clark, Seattle - running until June 23. Through song, dance, and Sasquatch, one of America’s beloved origin stories tells of the journey to the Pacific. The performance is at the Theatre Off Jackson. Follow this link for details.
5) Pure science: Laser Stranger Things, The Pacific Science Center, Seattle – Sunday, June 17, 7:30 p.m. From website: Experience the award-winning musical score and classic throwback hits paired with updated laser imagery. Follow this link for details.
6) Yum yum: Truckaroo Food Truck Festival, Tacoma – Saturday, June 16, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
This year’s event will be held on the south campus of Bates Technical College. It is a chance to enjoy food like southern barbeque, Venezuelan arepa, and Hong Kong style egg waffles. Follow this link for details.
7) Unimaginable beauty: Paul Rogers Wildlife Park, Ellensburg – Wander 20 acres of gorgeous land and greenery. There are a walking path and a trail to explore, surrounding yourself with natural beauty. Follow this link for details. (Sponsored)