1) Helen McCabe State Park, Ellensburg - The 64-acre park first was established in 1967, however in 1977 the park was dedicated to the memory of Helen McCabe. McCabe was a well-known professor of recreation at nearby Central Washington University. Helen McCabe State Park is the perfect place to walk your pet, to fish, and to enjoy a picnic. Click here for more information. (Sponsored)
2) Goatalympics, Monroe – Watch as people compete in a variety of contests with their pet goats at the 8th annual Goatalympics put on by New Moon Farm Goat Rescue & Sanctuary at the Evergreen State Fairgrounds in Monroe. Attendance is free, and competitions include goat-owner look-alike, foot races, best trick, obstacle courses, longest horns, widest goat, best costumes and more. Click here for more information.
3) Wallingford Family Parade, Seattle – “Be French for a day” on Saturday, July 14, at the 69th annual Wallingford Family Parade presented by Bedrooms & More. The Parade runs from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Since the parade occurs on Bastille Day attendees are invited to celebrate Bastille and the Wallingford community. Click here for more information.
4) Day out with Thomas, Snoqualmie – Just 30 minutes east of Seattle, head to the Northwest Railway Museum in Snoqualmie for the unique opportunity to take a ride with Thomas the Tank Engine. Passengers of all ages are welcome to join, and tickets are required for guest ages 2 and up. Tickets are $23 on Fridays, and $26 on Saturdays and Sundays. Click here for more information.
5) West Seattle Summer Fest July 13-15, West Seattle – Head to West Seattle for the 36th annual West Seattle Summer Fest to enjoy fun activities for the whole family. Activities include shopping, live music, dining, beer gardens and a kids play area. Click here for more information.
6) Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium, Tacoma – Sharks, sharks and more sharks! Head to the Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium in Tacoma to check out 16 sharks in the South Pacific Aquarium. Activities include the hammerhead craft, a shark food toss, how well do you smell and shark trivia. Click here for more information.
7) Wine tasting in Ellensburg, Ellensburg – After enjoying the scenes at Helen McCabe State Park enjoy one of the many wine tours in Ellensburg. Click here for more information. (Sponsored)