1. Timeless music: Smokey Robinson at Tulalip Resort Casino. Tulalip. Friday, July 12. Doors at 6 p.m., show starts at 7 p.m. Take in all the hits by soul singer and pianist, Smokey Robinson, live in concert this summer. Attendees must be 21+ years old. Follow this link here for more event details.
2. Summer concert series: Downtown Summer Sounds 2019. Seattle. July 9- Aug 23 (Wed.-Fridays). Noon- 1 p.m. or noon-1:30 p.m. The Downtown Seattle Association celebrates 41 years of live music with the kickoff of Downtown Summer Sounds, presented by Virginia Mason. The series of concerts feature emerging local artist, from north to sound ends of downtown, including Denny Park and King Street Stations. Follow this link here for more details.
3. Redmond favorite: Redmond Derby Days. July 12, 4-10 p.m. and July 13, 10 a.m.-10 p.m. So many things to do at Redmon’s summer festival favorite. Featuring the world’s longest running bike criterium race, carnival, music, local arts and food. Also at the carnival-style festival is a virtual-reality games, battle of the bands concerts, a kids zone and much more. Follow this link here for more details.
4. South Sound festivities: SummerFEST presented by CHI Franciscan. Saturday, July 13. 11 a.m.- 11 p.m. Lakewood hosts the SummerFEST again is quite the popular South Sound attraction. This full-day event features over 35 food vendors, passport to sports and art exhibits, aerial motocross and hot air balloon glow shows, classic car show and live entertainments stages. Follow this link here for more event details.
5. State-to-state bike ride: Kaiser Permanente Seattle to Portland (STP) presented by Alaska Airlines. Sat., July 13- Sun., July 14. Take the scenic trek from Seattle to Portland on two wheels in this popular bike ride that fundraises for Cascade Bicycle Club and WA Bikes. With your registration, the funds go towards supporting local bicycling and communities the nonprofits it serves. Follow this link here for more event details.
6. Run for a cure: Swedish SummeRun & Walk for Ovarian Cancer. July 14. Seattle Take part in the 26th annual Marsha Rivkin Center for Ovarian Cancer Research and the Swedish Medical Center Foundation fundraiser this summer! Race proceeds go toward ovarian cancer research efforts and support the lifesaving work of cutting-edge ovarian cancer research, educational programs, and high-risk prevention. Follow this link here for more event details.
7. South Sound Pride: Tacoma Pride. July 9- July 20. Join Mayor Victoria Woodards on Friday, July 12 for the Pride flag raising ceremony an and LGBTQ community awards, from 4:30-6 p.m. Then on Saturday from noon- 6 p.m., Pride festivities kick off on Pacific Avenue, with live performances, local vendors, a dance tent and much more. Follow this link here for more event details.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.