1. State Fair starting: Evergreen State Fair. Monroe. Aug. 22-Sept. 2. All day. In the North Sound, the Evergreen State Fair kicks-off and runs through Labor Day weekend. Check out the carnival and popular food vendors, enter in a pie eating contests or take in the festival sounds at the Courtyard Stage. Equestrian 4H Horse and the Evergreen Speedway will also be hosting multiple events. Follow this link here for more event details.
2. Summer Splash Fest: Summer Splash Fest is an all day beach party in downtown Fremont. Saturday, Aug 24. The goal is to provide a unique community building experience featuring 20+ artists, VIP lounges and live art. VIP passes and Early Bird tickets are available. Follow this link here for more details.
3. Black Pride Celebrations: Pacific Northwest Black Pride 2019. Thursday-Sunday. Various Seattle locations and times. The festival pays homage to African-American history and further educational efforts in gender and race. An opening reception takes place Thursday night, with numerous workshops, symposiums, and festival to follow throughout the weekend events. Follows this link here for more event details.
4. Grape stomping in Belltown: 6th Annual Belltown Brush Block Party. Bell Street Park, Belltown. Join the fun with live music, street food vendors, grape stomping and tasty brews, wines and ciders to try. Net proceeds will benefit the Plymouth Housing Group. GoVino glasses also included with tickets. Follow this link here for more event details.
5. Scandinavian celebrations: Nordic Sol festival. Thursday-Sunday. Various times per day. National Nordic Museum, Ballard. Join the weekend-long Nordic celebration of summer extravaganza. Arctic Pecha Kucha, hip-hop collaborations, STEAM activities and Inuit games will be present. Food favorites, live music and film screenings will also be present. Follow this link here for more event details.
6. South Sound Car show: Hilltop Street Fair Parade and Car show. People's Park, Tacoma. Saturday. 11 a.m.-4 p.m. The festivities kick off with a parade and car show, and also featured will be three music stages, over 100 food and craft vendors, kids' activities and more. This year's festival theme will be Washington Apples. Follow this link here for more event details.
7. Summer concert series: Downtown Summer Sounds 2019. Seattle. July 9 – Aug. 23 (Wed.-Fridays). Noon-1 p.m. or noon-1:30 p.m. The Downtown Seattle Association celebrates 41 years of live music with the kickoff of Downtown Summer Sounds, presented by Virginia Mason. The series of concerts features many emerging and local artists. Follow this link here for more details.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.