SEATTLE - A crash that caused a pole to come down closed the Ballard Bridge to all southbound traffic.
It happened on 15th Avenue West at West Bertona Street at about 9:30 a.m.
Photos from the scene showed wires on the ground.
The bridge has since reopened, but as of 11 a.m., the Seattle Department of Transportation recommended that drivers use alternate routes such as the Fremont Bridge and Aurora Avenue North because of backups.
Fifteenth Avenue West south of the Ballard Bridge was also closed to all northbound traffic at West Ruffner Street. Two lanes reopened at 11 a.m.
- Another windy day Tuesday: Here's what to expect
- Powerful winds bring down trees, leave thousands without power
- 1 dead, 2 injured after tree falls on car in Renton
- 15,000 scientists warn it will soon be 'too late' to save Earth
- Ex-football player charged with murder in wife's death
© 2018 Cox Media Group.