A fight over soap landed a Puyallup man in the hospital.
He’d finished showering Monday and as soon as he wrapped a towel around himself, he accused his 21-year-old roommate of using his soap.
The alleged soap user charged at his roommate but the man was able to hold him on the ground before eventually letting him go.
Upset, the man went to wake up a third roommate to vent about the confrontation.
Then he walked up to the first roommate, who was sitting on the couch in his towel, and allegedly punched him in the face.
Scroll down to continue reading.
- North Korea fires missile that passes over northern Japan and into the sea
- Local detectives dig for evidence at house where 3 brothers had obsession with young children
- GRAPHIC : Video shows Kent carjacking suspect being dragged by car
- 350 alligators at risk of escaping flooded Texas rescue
- VIDEO: Seattle taking steps to ban plastic straws and silverware
The third roommate was able to break up the fight and take the injured man to the hospital, where he was treated for a broken nose and fractured eye.
Police arrested the man at a department store where he worked. He told officers he punched his roommate because he was “furious,” records show.
“He said that he knew what he did was wrong, but that he was very angry with (his roommate) for previously attacking him,” according to charging papers.
The man pleaded not guilty Tuesday to second-degree assault and was released on his own recognizance. He is barred from going near the roommate he is accused of punching.
© 2017 Cox Media Group.